Christmas is a great time to entertain. Your home is decorated & it’s fun to connect & visit with family & friends. I know many women are intimidated To help simplify entertaining for you, here are 10 tips from this month’s issue of Simple Joy e-zine:
10 Step Guide to a Low Stress Holiday Entertaining
- Attend Your Own Party: Follow these steps in order to be a guest at your own event.
- Plan Your Guest List: Remember…it’s about the people, not the event. Always begin with the guest list.
- Plan Your Event: Once you know how many are coming, you can determine what type of event works best: sit down dinner, buffet, cocktail party, open house, etc.
- Plan Your Menu: Now you need to decide what to serve. Your menu is determined by your guests and your event. The menu is the cart; your guest list is the horse. Do Not confuse the two.
- Determine What Needs to Be Done: Take time to create a list of all the things to be done to prepare for your event. Include shopping lists as well.
- Decide What You Want to Do: Select two or three things from the list that you WANT to do.
- Delegate the Rest: Assign the remaining tasks to other people. When guests ask if they can do anything or bring anything, always say YES!
- Take a Nap: Begin transformation from hostess to guest by taking a relaxing nap. If you can’t sleep, then just relax.
- Take a Bath: Now is not the time for a quick shower. Take the time for a long luxurious bath. Engage all your senses as you bathe with candles, music, fragrant bath products, lotions and chocolate.
- Take a Deep Breath: When the door bell announces your first guests, take a deep breath and smile. The Queen is in the house and she is entertaining.